1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: What a Delight!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

What a Delight!

Hi there!

Today I am going to show you a Mother's Day card I made for my Mother in Law. Be prepared, as it isn't my usual colour choice.....but I do like it! It was inspired by a card made by the very talented Monika Davis.  I saw her card and thought, wow, that is bright....but effective.....and i like it! So here is my Daffodil Delight!



Obviously the colours are Daffodil Delight.....Crumb Cake and Whisper White. I have used the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder on the Daffodil card. The background stamp on the Crumb Cake card is from the Easter Blossoms Set and the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Sentiments. The main flower and stamped leaves are from the Petal Pizzazz set and the punched white stems are from the 2 Step Bird Punch. I have used the Mat Pack and the Paper Piercing Tool to pierce the tiny holes. The 'for you' sentiment is stamped onto a piece of card, punched with the Modern Label Punch and layered onto a piece of Vanilla Card, punched with the Oval Punch. I have used the Scallop Trim Border Punch to add the Crumb Cake detail at the top. The ribbon detail is finished with a Big Designer Button, Rhinestones and Baker's Twine. Here is a close up of the detail:


I also replicated the flower detail on the inside of the card:


As I've said before, I love to match the present wrapping with the card (when I have time!). So I have used the flower detail once again on the package. I coloured some Seam Binding with my SU! Markers to make some ribbon leaves.


I will be back to show you the card that I made for my mum soon.

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Petal Pizzazz, Easter Blossoms, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock/ DSP: Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight
Inks: Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight
Markers: Old Olive
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Big Designer Button, Baker's Twine (own stash), Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, 2 Step Bird Punch, Modern Label Punch, Oval Punch, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Rhinestones (own stash)

Please contact me if you require any info and feel free to leave me a comment, I love reading them!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!