1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: It's Time to be a Kid!

Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Time to be a Kid!

This is my third post today. Please scroll down to view the previous posts.


Sorry about all of the posts today! I would love to be able to save them up and spread them over the week, but when I am entering a card into a challenge, I like to post it and enter it in before I forget! The next two days are my working days, so if I schedule the posts, I either won't have time or will forget to add it to the challenge! So please bear with me!

This card is for the A La Card Monkey - It's Time to be a Kid challenge. It is a sketch and kid card challenge. I am loving this one, as it is a great sketch and it gives me the motivation to get a stash of cards together for my two little social butterflies to give to their friends. I am hoping to get a few entries together!

Here is the fab sketch:
The card I made is similar to one I made last week, (which I will show you later in the week) but I changed it up a little to suit the sketch. It uses my fave colours....you guessed it Melon Mambo and Regal Rose! :)


I have used the Brights Colour Stack DSP and the Perfect Princess Stamp set. The sentiment uses both the Princess stamp from the Perfect Princess set and the Happy Birthday from Teeny Tiny Sentiments. 

The scallop circle I needed was bigger than the punch, so I punched a few scallops out and cut them up and glued them around the circle. I have added layers to the card by raising the tiara and the circle with dimensionals.

I am into using flowers, twine and seam binding for my ribbon detail at the moment. The seam binding makes such soft and pretty bows.


Thank you to everyone who has been leaving lovely comments. I really love to read them, they brighten my day! I have often been guilty of looking at, and loving people's work on their blog, but am always busy and will often move onto the next blog or job without leaving a comment. Lately I have been making an effort to take the time to leave a comment on the posts I mark in Google Reader or the work I admire in Challenge entries. I know how lovely it feels to receive and read a comment, so I am trying to spread the feeling!

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Perfect Princess, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock/ DSP: Regal Rose, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Brights DSP Pad
Inks: Melon Mambo
Markers:
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Sticky Backed Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Seam Binding, Flowers (own stash), Baker's Twine (own stash)

Please contact me if you require any info and please leave me a comment, I love reading them!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a Pretty card, Perfect for a Birthday girl. I had a Princess Party stamp camp one time and used this set for one of the cards, it was a really fun party!!
    Thanks again for making a card for us at A La Card Monkey!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah what a great card. The crown is perfect and so is your little flowers, twine and bow on the bottom of the card. Love it all. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with so much detail! Any little girl would feel like a PRINCESS getting this card for her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card. I love the ribbon and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fantastic girlie card. Love It. My 7yo daughter told me to learn how to make it so I could make one for her next birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and so does my 6 year old daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!