1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Bird on a Wire...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bird on a Wire...


I saw the cutest little birdy card over at My Ink Well. It was one of those cards where the birdy was made using a button. I just had to have a go at doing one of my own. I thought it would fit perfectly with this weeks 'It's time to be a Kid' challenge over at A La Card Monkey.


I don't own the stamp set that the ladies use, so I just hand drew the add ons with my basic black Stampin' Write Marker.


I have used Baja Breeze cardstock, with Early Espresso accents. The background was put through the Polka Dot Embossing Folder and the DSP is from the Welcome Neighbour DSP stack. The sentiment is from the Gunge Rock stamp set.


I made this card with a boy in mind... I'm not sure if it is boyish enough...what do you think? Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Grunge Rock
Cardstock/ DSP: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Welcome Neighbour DSP Pad
Inks: Early Espresso
Markers: Basic Black
Accessories: 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Baker's Twine (own stash), Big Designer Button, Sticky Backed Black Pearl (own stash), Early Espresso Grossgrain Ribbon, 2 Step Bird Punch

Please contact me if you require any info and feel free to leave me a comment, I love reading them!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah what a great card. Love your little bird and yeah it's boyish enough. Would work for either gender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fat little bird is so cute! I'd give this card to any kid or to one of my friends. It's just CUTE. Thanks for playing!

    Hugs,

    Terry
    A La Card Monkey

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little chubby bird is so cute, love the cloud paper too!! Thanks Sarah!!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!