1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Birthday Candles for Erik

Friday, March 25, 2011

Birthday Candles for Erik



It's been a bit quiet on here lately. Sorry, I've been busy with other things, will try to be better this week. :)

Before I get into it I would like to apologise for the photo today. My camera battery had died and I had to get the card to the party, so I took the photos on my iPhone. Not that great I'm afraid, but still better than nothing.

This card was for Charlotte's little friend  Erik who turns 6 this week. Luckily we got his party in at the park this afternoon before the rain. Happy Birthday Erik!

I used the Clean & Simple sketch #132 and the colour inspiration is from The Play Date Cafe Colour Challenge 74.



I had seen these clever paper candles made by Jen over at i{heart}2stamp and just had to try them. When I looked at the Clean & Simple Sketch I thought that they would work well together.


The candles are made from rolling a piece of DSP and inserting the wick. Jen used baker's twine for the wicks of her candles, but since I didn't have any, I broke a real candle apart and used a real wick!

The colours are Pacific Point and Concord Crush. The Concord Crush is looking very blue in this photo, it is more of a purple IRL.

There was hardly any stamping on this card, only the sentiment! Once again I have used Perfect Punches.

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Perfect Punches
Cardstock/ DSP: Pacific Point, Concord Crush DSP
Inks: Concord Crush
Accessories: Poly Ribbon (Concord Crush), Large Oval Punch, Button (own stash), Linen Thread, Wick

Please contact me if you require any info and feel free to leave me a comment, I love reading them!


Hopefully I'll be back soon.
Thanks for stopping by! 

10 comments:

  1. Hi S. The candles are perfect for the sketch & look really cool. Must try some. Love the ribbon & button detail too. I'll have to get you to do all the class bows now (hee hee).
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. The candles are a fantastic idea - i must try to make them some time.
    cheers,
    Malyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LoOoOove your candles!! Sooo fun! What a fun way to use the colors! Glad you came to play at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so PERFECT!!! I LOVE those candles...I will need to CASE this idea in the future! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - fantastic idea! love it :) Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your cute candles! I've seen that hundreds of times, but I've never tried it. You inspired me to give it a go! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh la la, I LOVE how you've done the candles on this and your use of bold colour, fab!! Thanks for playing along with at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHH! Super fun! I love the candles!! What a great birthday card--LOVE! Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant take on the sketch Sarah. Love your candles & all that blue!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!