1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: I'm back....

Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm back....

Hey there!
Sorry I've been AWOL all week, but little Miss 3 has been quite sick this past week. She started off with hand, foot and mouth last Friday, by Sunday night she had an ear infection as well and now she has a cold and asthma! Poor little thing, she has been quite miserable. Hopefully she is on the way up now. Needless to say, I've been quite busy attending to her, while trying to keep on top of the house, cooking and cleaning.

I am hoping to get some stamping done today. I did quickly whip a card last night, but I have three more in my head I would like to try today! Let's see how much I actually achieve!

Today I am finally going to share my guest designer card for this weeks A La Card Monkey Challange. I was late getting this in due to all the sickness, sorry Terry and Shirely! The girls were very understanding, thank you ladies.

 

This weeks challenge was to make a male card using the sketch above. I changed the orientation and made a portrait card, as it suited my focal image. I wasn't sure if it was male enough, but my husband tells me it his favourite card that I have made, so it must be!


I have used some retired Windsor Knot DSP, with Early Espresso, Crumbcake and Old Olive cardstock. The apple was made by punching the smallest heart from the heart punch a few times and gluing them together like faux chipboard.  I then added two holes and covered it in crystal effects to give the appearance of a button.

I don't own a woodgrain stamp or embossing folder, so I placed my tree trunk in the Manhattan Flower embossing folder to add some lines. A pretty good stand in I think, although not as good as the real thing.


I am also going to enter this card over at the Birthday Sundaes Masculine Birthday Card Challenge.

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: So Happy For You
Cardstock/ DSP: Windsor Knot DSP (retired), Crumbcake, Early Espresso, Old Olive
Inks: Early Espresso
Markers:  Basic Black
Accessories: Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder, Linen Thread, Scallop circle punch Bakers Twine,Button and brad (own stash)

Please contact me if you require any info and feel free to leave me a comment, I love reading them!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I really love your card. Your little apple is adorable. I love how you used twine for the tree as well. And the embossing on the tree trunk is great. Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear your little one has been sick. I hope she is feeling better! I LOVE THIS CARD! The tree looks amazing! I'm so happy you had time to put it together and share it with us at Birthday Sundaes! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!