1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: 40 and Fab!

Monday, July 30, 2012

40 and Fab!

Hi there!

Today I have a 40th birthday card that I was asked to make by a friend. I love to use flags/buntings on my projects, and if you have been following my blog lately you will know that I also love to sew on my cards as well. I have combined both of these elements for this card.


I have used the new Framelit dies to make the base for the 40. I used the dies to cut and emboss a piece of 'Pretty in Pink' Cardstock. The card base is Crumbcake and I have used various DSP for my background and bunting flags. 


I have used both a straight stitch and a zig zag stitch on the card and have given a tattered look by rolling and tearing the DSP.



I added some coloured rhinestones as a finishing touch.


The inside of the card was decorated with a matching framelit and a sentiment flag. The card reads '40....and fabulous!'.



Please leave a comment, I always love to read them!
Thanks for stopping by.

S xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the layers, the stitching, the bling - everything!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Sarah. Love the banners, the pretty papers and tape... the stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stitching... wish I owned a sewing machine... and knew how to use it! ha. I'm now following you from the SC discussion and hope you'll follow me too!
    Steph - hofkissed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me think I need to keep my sewing machine set up after all! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your fun DSP strips on the Crumb Cake...very fun! Thanks so much for your nice comment on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!