1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Welcome Baby

Monday, July 23, 2012

Welcome Baby


Today I have a baby boy card to show you. Like yesterday, this card uses a stamp set that is getting its first inking. 'Up in the Air' is another hostess set that I fell in love with. I think it will get a lot of use. I just love the cute, whimsical bird images.

I originally made this card for a sketch challenge, but didn't get it posted in time. Now I can't remember which challenge it was for! Sorry. But I will share the card anyway.



I paired the 'Up in the Air' stamp set with some Everyday Enchantment DSP. I used some Bashful Blue and Crumbcake CS.


Don't look too closely at my zig zag stitching! I am still refining my skills to sew in a straight line!

I added a frilly edge using one of the edgelit dies. I just love this edge it is so pretty and frilly! I finished off with a Vanilla Seam Binding Bow, topped with a Twitterpatted button and a Linen Thread bow.


I used a corner rounder punch to give the card a nice soft finish. I am really happy with how this card turned out.


I decorated the inside of the card with some matching DSP strip and a lovely sentiment.


Thanks for looking today. Please leave me some comment love if you can spare the time.

S xx

4 comments:

  1. GREAT card, I need a baby girl card and will use this idea if you do not mind. Ronalyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Sarah. The birds look great. Love the colors and the oval frame... the stitching is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!