1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: A Babushka Birthday!

Monday, November 7, 2011

A Babushka Birthday!

I love Babushka dolls, they are sooo cute! My sister gave me some of those gorgeous Babushka measuring cups for my birthday, 3 little dollies that stack inside each other. Each side of the doll is a measure! I had been eyeing these off for ages and she didn't even know, a complete coincidence!

As soon as I saw Jessica Kassman's gorgeous card on Stampin' Connection, I knew I had to make one, and will probably make many more!


I didn't have the right circle or flower punch for the hair and face, so mine is all hand cut. Not as neat looking but it was all I had on hand. I used the Sweet Stitches DSP as Jessica did. I think the background paper matches the Babushka look nicely.


I love the fact that I have also found another use for one of my fave's, the owl punch! The head is made from the owl body and the apron is the owl's chest.


Here is the inside.
 

I am going to enter this card into the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. The card is based on this sketch:

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: So Happy For You, Petite Pairs
Cardstock/ DSP:  Whisper White, Regal Rose, Baja Breeze, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Sweet Stitches DSP
Inks: Tempting Turquoise
Markers: Black
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Owl Punch, Scallop Trim Border
 
Any questions? Just ask! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow love the way you made the russian dolls, may have to case this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic use of the owl punch Sarah - sweet, sweet card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely casing these dolls S...(when I have time!), they look fantastic & I love the colours. Hugs. D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH these dolls are super cute!! Thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!