1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Sweet Baby Girl

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sweet Baby Girl



Hi there.

A quick post tonight as I am very tired. We are in the middle of month long celebrations for hubby's Big 4-Oh! We had a late night/early morning, which backed onto a late night with a sick child.

This card was for a dear friend of mine who had a baby girl at the end of September. I am just loving these pin wheels at the moment. And when paired with doilies I think they look so sweet!


I used the Brights DSP and some gorgeous paper from the Flirtatious Speciality DSP for the pin wheel and card background.


I layered two buttons, one Big Designer Button in Melon Mambo and one lighter pink, and tied some pink and white twine through the top one.  I have used a white doily underneath the pin wheel, which gives such a delicate look.




I used a wooden skewer for the stick, which I covered in white ribbon. I must buy some white lollipop sticks....mental note!

I added the sentiment Sweet Baby Girl onto a flag and attached it to the pin wheel stick.

I added a cute little ribbon embellie, making a bow and adding 3 sweet and tiny, pink and white flowers.

I made a matching bag, which I forgot to photograph. Doh! I used a white paper bag with handles and stuck a white doily on the centre front. I then made a pin wheel using the same doily paper as on the card. I didn't add a stick to this one. I adhered the pin wheel onto the doily and then spelt the babies name out in pink letters underneath. I tied the handles together with some white seam binding and added a pink rose and some white Cherry Blossoms. Very sweet!


I decorated the inside very simply, to leave room for a message. I used the Congratulations stamp from Well Scripted and the It's a girl from Little Additions to make the sentiment. The cute little star mobile in the corner is also from Little Additions.


Too cute hey! I really like this card, I will have to make a few more. Maybe try some different colours.


Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Well Scripted, Little Additions
Cardstock/ DSP:  Whisper White, Brights DSP Stack, Flirtatious Speciality DSP
Inks: Regal Rose
Markers: 
Accessories: White Taffeta Ribbon, Pretty in Pink Grossgrain Ribbon,Wooden Skewer, Brad, Big Designer Button, Pretty in Pink Button, Bakers Twine, Doily and Pink Rosettes (own stash)
 
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment!
 

3 comments:

  1. I am sure your friend will treasure this gorgeous card, Sarah. So sweet and girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. I love that your pin wheel is different to any other I've seen lately. How did you get those lovely rounded corners?

    This is a stunning card. Thanks for the inspiration - I don't know of any girls coming up but I look forward to CASEing this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful. I too would like to know how you did the pin wheel. Everyone else seems to have straight sides, but yours are a beautiful shape. How did you do it?
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!