1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Hobby Horse Boy

Monday, October 17, 2011

Hobby Horse Boy


Hi there.

Today I'm back with another baby card. My friend who had the baby girl, also has 3 members of her family who are having babies around the same time, so she ordered a few cards from me. This one was for her SIL who knew she was having a boy.

I used one of the new in colours 'Lucky Limeade', as well as some DSP from the Nursery Nest pack. The hobby horse was made using the new Christmas Stocking Punch, (available to purchase now) tricky hey! So far I have used the punch to make a hobby horse and some baby socks, and not yet a Christmas stocking!

I used greens for something different, but am looking forward to making some more of these in pinks and blues.


The white doily softens the look and is from the Flirtatious Speciality DSP pack. The scrumptious ribbon is our new 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeade. I used Bakers Twine for the horse's mane, and a brad and white taffeta ribbon make the bridle. Very cute!

 
The inside as usual, I kept simple to leave room for a nice handwritten message. The sentiment was from the gorgeous new set, Petite Pairs. This set was made to use on the front and inside of the cards, but as you can see, can also be paired as one greeting. The little bear is from Little Additions.


Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully I will have some more hobby horses in different colours to show soon!


Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Petite Pairs, Little Additions,
Cardstock/ DSP:  Whisper White,Lucky Limeade, Flirtatious Speciality DSP, Nursery Nest DSP
Inks: Lucky Limeade
Markers: 
Accessories: White Taffeta Ribbon,Wooden Skewer, Brad, Bakers Twine, Green Rosettes and Googly Eye (own stash), Christmas Stocking Punch, Jewellery Tag Punch

Any questions? Just ask! :)

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Sarah. I love the mane, very clever! It's refreshing to see lucky limeade being used for a baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card Saran. Love the use of twine, the colors... the doily and flowers are lovely. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very darling baby card! Just love the horse, so creative and cute!!! Love your blog! Am now a new follower! Take care!!:-))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!