1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Birthday Doilies

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Birthday Doilies


Hello there. I am back again with another doily card as promised. :)
A few weeks ago a dear friend of mine celebrated her birthday so I made this card to pop into the post. 

Are you loving the new in colours as much as I am? I will be going through quite a few packets of them I think! For this card I used the beautiful Wisteria Wonder. I teamed it with some Elegant Eggplant, white and Certainly Celery.



I started with a Wisteria Wonder base and stamped the Delicate Doilies stamps in Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White. I then used the new Lace Border punch to punch a strip of Elegant Eggplant card stock. I cut off the bottom 4cm of the front of the card and added the lace strip to the bottom. I wrapped a piece of Certainly Celery Grossgrain Ribbon around the card to cover the join at the front and on the inside of the card. I tied the ends together with a piece of twine to make the ribbon look like leaves. I then took the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch and the large Scallop Circle punch to punch out some white tissue paper. I scrunched these up and then unfolded them and layered them up. I then sprayed the flower with some Shimmer Mist and added some Rhinstone Bling.


I then stamped a matching envelope to finish it off.

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Delicate Doilies
Cardstock/ DSP:  Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
Inks: Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Markers:
Accessories: Lace Border Punch, Scallop Punches, Grossgrain Ribbon, Rhinestones, Bakers Twine and Tissue Paper  (own stash)

Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!